Labor Visa


There are many types of labor visas, each with specific requirements as to the type of position, type of employer, duration, etc. The H1B and L-1 Visas are for temporary workers. The E-1 (Treaty Trader) and E-2 Visas (Treaty Investor) allow nationals of countries having commercial treaties with the U.S. to engage in trade or business investment activities. The H2B Visa allows for the entry of certain short-term, temporary workers. The O Visa is for persons of extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics. The P-1, P-2, and P-3 Visas are for certain types of performers and athletes. The R Visa is for religious workers. There are other special categories, as well.

How can we be helpful to you?

At the BBI Law Group, we can consult with you to determine what category/ies may be the most suitable, considering the nature of the position, your background, goals, and other factors. We can advise both the employer and prospective employee regarding the documentation requirements and legal issues, and we can prepare and submit paperwork to the USCIS. If applicable, we can also prepare and file applications for dependent family members. We can assist with applying for certain types of visas at the consulate abroad as needed.